Our school dinners offer a healthy, balanced, nutritional meal and we encourage pupils to stay for lunch and to try a wide range of foods.
At St Joseph’s we use an advance ordering system for school meals.
• The school meal pattern follows a 3 week cycle (see attached menu).
• Parents are asked to complete and return the order form showing their child’s meal pattern for each week. The order form can be printed off and returned to school or it can be emailed back to school if you prefer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
• Where possible parents will need to choose either school meals OR packed lunch for a full week.
• The school meals will roll over throughout the year on this 3 week cycle however if at any point you wish to change your child’s meal choices please just complete a new form and return it to the school office.
• We encourage children to stay for school meals however if the choice available means your child would eat nothing on that day from the menu then a packed lunch can be brought to school.
• For parents who pay for school meals payment can continue to be made in advance either for the full half term or weekly (at present school meals are priced at £2.20 per day).
• Please make your choices clearly with the relevant code for each day.
Parents are encouraged to discuss the meal options with their children while completing the form. We hope that parents will be able to see the benefit of this system however in order for it to work successfully we need the support from all parents.
School meals currently cost £2.20 per day. All children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are entitled to a Free School Lunch through the Government’s Universal Infant Free School Meal Grant.
In addition school could be entitled to additional funding if you apply for ‘Means Tested Free School Meals’. This additional funding helps school to provide a free breakfast club (for children in receipt of Means Tested Free School Meals), free school trips, subsidised after school clubs and additional classroom support. The attached application explains the benefits you need to be in receipt of to apply.
If you think you are entitled to Means Tested Free School Meals please complete the attached form (even if your child is in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 as this could bring extra funding into school). The form can either be returned to school or directly to the address on the form.