The children from Year 6 had the amazing opportunity to follow in the boot-steps of a volunteer soldier in the 18th Battalion Northumberland Fusiliers with a visits to the Rothbury Trenches.
Their day included the following activities:
• Learn the skills and drills that will prepare you for trench warfare on the Western Front.
• Learn how to read a map, spot the enemy, help the wounded and use a periscope in
the reconstructed trench.
• Explore the original trenches as you mobilise your troops.
• Immerse yourself in the life of a soldier preparing for battle.
• Record your experiences as you complete your training
Now have a look at the photographs: