As we are looking at play scripts this week in English, we thought there was no better way to explore this style of text than to actually use it by putting on our own short performances. We used David Wood’s version of The Twits, which he has adapted into a play script for performance. We focused our attention on “The Skillywiggler” scene, working in small groups. Each group then had the opportunity to perform their version of the scene to the rest of the class. The stage directions really helped us convey the characters of Mr and Mrs Twit as they told us how to move, talk and also what facial expressions to make. This has gave us a really good idea of how to structure a play script and also the level of detail that needs to be provided to the actors to help them create the character onstage.
- November 22, 2017 1:00 pmFencing for Year 6
- November 24, 2017 9:00 amY2 Collective Worship
- November 29, 2017 1:00 pmFencing for Year 6
- December 1, 2017 9:00 amAdvent 1 Collective Worship led by Year 3
- December 6, 2017 1:00 pmFencing for Year 6
- December 8, 2017 9:00 amAdvent 2 Collective Worship led by Year 4