Year 2 had a wonderful time looking at the life and work of Roald Dahl during last half term. We read the stories Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, The BFG and The Twits. We were inspired to create lots of different types of writing such as letters and adverts, we learnt about the special language that Roald Dahl used to make his stories more interesting such as similes and invented words like ‘snozzcumber’ and ‘frobscottle’! We also invented our own ‘3 course bubblegum’ and had great fun pretending to blow up the giant bubbles! To celebrate ‘Roald Dahl Day’ we had a fun day in school where we dressed up as Roald Dahl characters and made sweets just like Willie Wonka.
- December 12, 2017 9:20 amKey Stage 1 and Reception Class Play
- December 12, 2017 1:20 pmKey Stage 1 and Reception Class Play
- December 12, 2017 5:00 pmReconciliation in Church
- December 13, 2017Flu Spray Vaccinations
- December 13, 2017Christmas Jumper Day
- December 13, 2017 1:00 pmFencing for Year 6