Year 2 had a wonderful time looking at the life and work of Roald Dahl during last half term. We read the stories Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, The BFG and The Twits. We were inspired to create lots of different types of writing such as letters and adverts, we learnt about the special language that Roald Dahl used to make his stories more interesting such as similes and invented words like ‘snozzcumber’ and ‘frobscottle’! We also invented our own ‘3 course bubblegum’ and had great fun pretending to blow up the giant bubbles! To celebrate ‘Roald Dahl Day’ we had a fun day in school where we dressed up as Roald Dahl characters and made sweets just like Willie Wonka.
- February 21, 2018 1:00 pmYear 1 Yoga Session
- February 23, 2018 9:00 amReception Class Collective Worship
- February 28, 2018 1:00 pmYear 1 Yoga Session
- March 2, 2018 9:00 amYear 6 Collective Worship
- March 7, 2018 10:00 amKS1 Multi skills festival (10 selected children)
- March 7, 2018 1:00 pmYear 1 Yoga Session