Year 2 had a wonderful time looking at the life and work of Roald Dahl during last half term. We read the stories Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, The BFG and The Twits. We were inspired to create lots of different types of writing such as letters and adverts, we learnt about the special language that Roald Dahl used to make his stories more interesting such as similes and invented words like ‘snozzcumber’ and ‘frobscottle’! We also invented our own ‘3 course bubblegum’ and had great fun pretending to blow up the giant bubbles! To celebrate ‘Roald Dahl Day’ we had a fun day in school where we dressed up as Roald Dahl characters and made sweets just like Willie Wonka.
- October 23, 2017Half Term
- October 26, 2017Imagine That: Creative Family Day FREE event for all families
- October 31, 2017 4:30 pmHalloween Disco
- November 1, 2017 10:00 amKS1 Indoor Athletics (Y2 selected children)
- November 1, 2017 1:00 pmFencing for Year 6
- November 3, 2017 9:00 amYear 1 Collective Worship